Missions is not the ultimate goal of the church. Worship is. Missions exists because worship doesn’t. Worship is ultimate, not missions, because God is ultimate, not man. When this age is over, and the countless millions of the redeemed fall on their faces before the throne of God, missions will be no more. It is a temporary necessity. But worship abides forever. Worship, therefore, is the fuel and goal in missions.
Worship is both the fuel and goal of our desire for the nations to be glad in the Gospel of Jesus. The following are the local missions connections of Chapelwood Baptist Church in Huntsville, TX. As you read through the list, will you ask yourself, “How can I partner with Chapelwood in these?” and, “How could Chapelwood partner with me in reaching a corner of Huntsville, Walker County, or East Texas that is not yet on this list?”
Local and Regional Missions Efforts of Chapelwood
- Good Shepherd Mission (local outreach of Church to those in need of food)
- Trinity River Missionary Baptist Association (Local Baptist Association)
- Christ Life (Coffee bar, Christian book store and Bible study off of the SHSU campus).
- SHSU MBSF (Missionary Baptist Student Fellowship - MBSF is our local ministry to college students of Sam Houston State University).
- Texas Baptist Institute & Seminary - ABA Seminary in Henderson, TX
- Texarkana Baptist Children's Home (local outreach to orphans/wards of state)
- Conroe Baptist Mission with Joe Bozarth.
- Missionary Baptist Association of Texas (State Association of Missionary Baptist Churches).
- Southwest Association of Missionary Baptist Churches (An association of churches located in the states of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.)